Do you know what is causing your back pain? Have you run out of treatment options for your back pain? Discover back pain causes, symptoms, and effective treatments to reclaim your quality of life.
If you have back pain, you are not alone but all back pain is unique. Many people suffer from constant and debilitating back pain that lead to missing work days and difficulty in enjoying the simple activities of daily life.
Getting relief for your back pain means connecting with the right medical team. Our team understands your pain and helps determine how to best relieve your suffering getting you back to the real you. Many times the cause of pain can be difficult to determine making treatment elusive and ineffective. Individuals with the same kind of pain may require different treatments.
Let our dedicated professionals with specialized training help you get control of your pain. The specialists at Dayton Interventional Radiology have years of experience with proven techniques to pinpoint the causes of pain. Our compassionate team of healthcare professionals provide a wide range of unique treatments. These treatments minimize back pain with minimally invasive procedures that include immediate relief, short recovery, and non-surgical treatment.
The human back is composed of a complex structure of muscles, ligaments, tendons, discs and bones. Injury, illness, or normal aging can lead to back pain.
Back pain can be difficult to diagnose because pressure on nerves along the spine may cause pain to appear far from where it originates. Our team of doctors at DIR have developed a comprehensive approach to diagnosing back pain that takes advantage of flouroscopic-guided physical examination to determine the location of the pain-causing injury. The combination of the exam and various assessments identifies the specific location of the pain, providing you with the most effective treatment to give you relief allowing you to have an active and fulfilling life.
The most commonly misdiagnosed or underdiagnosed disorders that cause back pain are:
- Disc Disorders: Disorders of the spongy discs between the vertebrae in the spine, such as herniation or rupture.
- Facet Arthopathy: A disorder of the facet joints in the lower back.
- Failed Back Surgery Syndrome (FBSS): Chronic pain resulting from back surgery, either because the surgery was misdirected or as a result of the surgery itself.
- Neuropathy: “Phantom pain” that is caused by damaged or malfunctioning nerves.
- Sacroiliac (SI) Joint Disorders: Disorders of the joints between the tailbone (sacrum) and hipbones (ilia).
- Vertebral Fractures: Simple fractures or compression fractures of the vertebral bones in the spine.
Back Pain Conditions
There are many conditions they may cause back pain. They conditions can be rooted in the muscles, nerves, discs, or bones of the spine. This pain may be caused by injury, illness, or normal aging.